"I couldn't have done this without you"
Even the best-run organisation runs into difficulties occasionally. This can be particularly problematic where the trustees do not work in close geographic proximity to staff - there is additional scope for conflict and misunderstanding in such cases.
I can advise, and also mediate if appropriate, in cases where problems arise. The most common problems include:
- Financial difficulties resulting from unanticipated changes (see also finance)
- Conflict between trustees and staff (see also staffing and structure)
- Problems with staffing structure due to changes in requirements or finances (see also staffing and structure)
- Ongoing falls in member numbers (see also strategy)
- Problems caused, or threatened for the future, by changes to journal performance (see also publishing)
- Problems with events, such as declining attendance or industry support (see also events)