"The financial scenario planning was brilliant. We really needed this."
I have over thirty years’ experience in publishing of science and medical journals and books. This covers journal strategy as well as all aspects of journal management, including online platforms, OA policy, peer review, production, distribution, and marketing.
I have been involved with many committees and activities of the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP), including being the initial chair of its electronic publishing committee and I am also a past Chair of ALPSP. I currently chair the Research Dissemination Committee of the Society of Biology.
Advice covers a range of subjects, including:
- advising on your journals strategy and future options
- scenario planning to assist you to understand the potential effects of open access on future journal income
- reviewing whether your publishing contract delivers the best value to your society
- reviewing the strategic options open to you for the future, including options for launching, changing and merging journals
- advising on tenders and negotiating new contracts